What is project management?
Professional project managers undertake to manage building or construction projects for a fee that is levied on the total cost of the project and is agreed upfront.
Although an additional expense for the client, the fee is nominal relative to the total value of the client’s investment and provides security and peace of mind in knowing that the project is being managed by someone with the appropriate qualifications, skills and technical expertise.
A project manager’s role is:
- to thoroughly screen all contractors to ensure quality and consistent workmanship,
- to ensure that all materials being used are exactly to specification and are used correctly, thus ensuring that expensive / specialist materials do the job they’re meant to do,
- to ensure that all construction work complies with the applicable regulations of both local authorities and the NHBRC,
- to provide hands-on management of the project, bringing much-needed technical expertise to be applied in YOUR interests at all times,
- to manage the project on a daily basis to ensure quality construction and minimal wastage of materials,
- to ensure that any deviations from the plan / materials to be used are noted and cleared with you,
- to ensure that the project is completed to budget and deadline,
- to give you peace of mind in knowing that your building project has been completed to the highest standards and will stand the test of time.
Call Eddie Carstens on 082 941 9921, or click here to e-mail.
Registered with the NHBRC.